The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce and its International Trade Department “TradeUSA” organised their annual ExportUSA Forum, the only conference in Greece focusing solely on exporting to the US Market. The 5th ExportUSA Forum, Trade Beyond Covid-19: The way forward, was held virtually on Monday, November 23, 2020 under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Rural Development and Food and Enterprise Greece.
The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic has caused an unprecedented upheaval in the global economy and has shaken international trade and supply chains to their very foundations. At the same time, it forced us to change how we do business while it brought about new consumer habits.
To this end, this year’s forum aim was to provide forward-looking insights, analysis, and tips to help companies succeed in international trade & exports towards the US in the “new normal”. Distinguished US and Greek field experts shed light on key issues concerning business operations with the other side of the Atlantic, providing the delegates with the opportunity to:
• Understand the impact of the pandemic on the US Market
• Learn the new US consumer profile
• Discover how to adapt export strategies to cater to new demands and surroundings
• Identify growth opportunities
• Gain an understanding on the FDA Regulatory framework and latest developments
The 5th ExportUSA Forum gathered approximately 600 attendees from 12 countries (Greece, USA, England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Russia, Austria, Israel, Poland, Georgia and Australia).
According to agenda flow
- Dina Athanasiou, Head of International Trade Department “TradeUSA”, American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce
- Dimitris Karavasilis, International Trade Advisor, American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, Founder & CEO, DK Marketing and Idea Monkeys
- Ilya Kretov, General Manager, Global Emerging Markets, eBay
- Frank Yiannas, Deputy Commissioner for Food Policy and Response, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- John Doxaras, Founder & CEO, Warply
- Ron Tanner, Vice President, Education, Content & Advocacy, US Specialty Food Association (SFA)
- Julia Hughes, President, US Fashion Industry Association (USFIA)
- Allen Sayler, Senior Director of Food Consulting Services, EAS Consulting Group