A dynamic & proactive Chamber
The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce was established in 1932 and is one of the largest, most active and dynamic American Chambers in Europe. Virtually all American companies that do business in Greece and Greek companies that engage in trade with the United States are members of the Chamber. The Chamber’s membership is comprised of some one-thousand companies that seek to expand business horizons, create new business partnerships, and take advantage of trade and investment opportunities in today’s global economy. The Chamber promotes economic and business relations between the United States and Greece. It is a wholly autonomous, not-for-profit organization and receives no subsidy from any government body. The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce is an active member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington D.C. and the European Council of American Chambers of Commerce.
The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce strives for continuous improvement of American-Hellenic commercial and financial relations, through increased membership and through the organization of top-quality events, exhibitions, fora, seminars, and congresses on both sides of the Atlantic.
AmChamGR serves as
- A spokesperson to governments and their agencies in order to obtain effective results in policy matters affecting Greek-American economic relations, and as a liaison between the government and the private sector regarding general and specific points of concern
- A liaison between Greek and American businesses, government offices and agencies for the development of mutually beneficial policies
- Major conferences addressed by Greek and foreign officials, government leaders, policy and think tank experts, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders. The Chamber’s annual conferences include: The Greek Economy, HealthWorld, Tax Forum (Athens & Thessaloniki), Corporate Social Responsibility, Agrotechnology, Tourism & Energy, ExportUSA Forum
- Hellenic Pavilions at global exhibitions: AUSA, CES
- US Pavilion at Thessaloniki International Fair
- Networking events such as luncheons, dinners, breakfast meetings, and receptions to honor Greek business and political leaders and distinguished international guests
- Investment Road Show to the US in cooperation with the Athens Exchange Group
- Business delegations to and from the United States and countries of the wider region of Southeast Europe
AmCham membership is open to major U.S. corporations, small and medium size businesses, NGOs and entrepreneurs that share a common interest in the mission of the Chamber. From exclusive, targeted marketing opportunities to special events organization and expanding the network of its members, AmCham makes its members’ needs a priority. Corporate members represent their companies at AmCham committees, through which our members understand regulations, overcome challenges, and seize opportunities in the market in a pro-active manner. Working within these platforms gives member companies an opportunity to make a real impact to the future of their businesses. Once a member joins, it gains access to a large network of business information and contacts in Europe, as well as valuable information on U.S. and the Southeastern Europe. This is made possible through AmCham’s close relations and frequent exchange with the AmChams in Europe and the AmCham global network.
The Chamber publishes Business Partners, a bi-monthly magazine, an annual Business and Members’ Directory, the Annual Review of the Chamber’s activities, sectorial and informational brochures.