2016 was a landmark year for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA.) Read Registrar Corp’s most recent blog for an overview of the past year in FDA regulations for food and beverage companies, including:
- Finalization of Sanitary Transportation Rule under FSMA
- Canada’s Food Safety Systems were recognized as comparable to the U.S.
- Substantial changes were made to food labeling
- FDA finalized the Intentional Adulteration Rule under FSMA
- Amendments to food facility registration were finalized
- The term “healthy” was opened up by FDA for discussion
Published on 22 Dec. 2016, on Registrar Corp Website