The Chamber organizes:
- Major conferences addressed by Greek and foreign dignitaries, government leaders, policy experts, businesspeople, and though leaders. The Chamber’s major conferences include the “Hour of the Greek Economy”, “Healthworld” “Corporate Social Responsibility”, and “Taxation.”
- U.S. Pavilions at major international exhibitions including “Defendory International Defense Exhibition” and “Thessaloniki International Fair.”
- Networking events such as luncheons, dinners, breakfast meetings and receptions to honor Greek business and political leaders and distinguished international guests.
- Business delegations to and from the United States and countries of the wider region of Southeast Europe.
Chamber events draw the participation of the Prime Minister of Greece, leaders of the opposition, Prime Ministers and Ministers from throughout the region, and major personalities from the world of business, politics, and finance.
The Chamber serves as:
- A spokesperson to governments and their agencies in order to obtain effective results in policy matters affecting Greek-American economic relations, and as a liaison between the government and the private sector regarding general and specific points of concern.
- A liaison between Greek and American businesses and government offices and agencies for the development of mutually beneficial policies
- In the Athens head office and the Thessaloniki branch office, the Chamber maintains up-to-date business reference libraries, including documentation on U.S. and Greek economic concerns
- Conducts, in cooperation with a local university, a comprehensive business and investment survey on the Greek economy every 2 to 3 years
- Can conduct financial studies and business searches on behalf of Greek or American companies
The Chamber publishes Business Partners, a bi-monthly magazine, an annual Business and Members’ Directory, and brochures, studies, and position papers related to Chamber events and committees.
The Chamber is governed by an EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE and a BOARD OF DIRECTORS.